Lodge Sports Athletics Clubs …. for all ages – 6 yrs +
As Winter and the wet weather is approaching we have Indoor & Outdoor floodlit facilities available.
- Tuesday 6 – 7 pm – Athletic Key Fundamentals & development – ( Indoors & Outdoors )
- Wednesday 6 – 7 pm – Athletic Key Fundamentals & development – ( Indoors & Outdoors )
- Thursday 6 – 7 pm – Athletic Key Fundamentals & development – ( Indoors & Outdoors )
- Thursday 7 – 8 pm – Athlete & Parents – Strength & Conditioning – ( Indoors )
- Saturday 10 – 11 am – Athletic Track training & Technical – ( Outdoors )
- We also have access to more track sessions for the more developed athlete but these are at the discretion of your head coaches.
- Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday – Sessions
- Brimsham Green School – ( BS37 7LB – Park in gravel car park at rear of school, head for Sports Hall )
- Saturday – Session
- SGS College – ( BS34 8LP – Park in Pay & Display car park at front of college )
The Flexible approach to training for athletes and Parents.
We host some of the fastest growing and largest Athletics Clubs in the South West. We have obviously got something right when it comes to clubs and athlete development. We are all busy people, especially parents that take their children to clubs. So we have made our sessions flexible to help and it works really well. If you want to bring your child on a set day or more than one, then that’s great, but if you want the flexibility of bringing your children on different days each week to suit work patterns etc., then you can.
Why it works: **Getting the fundamentals right is key**
We have 5 sessions per week, on different days, that many athletes come and gain great athletic knowledge and skills whilst having lots of fun. The sessions are run by qualified coaches who coach the athletes, the basics of movement, techniques and skills to build a great foundation for the athlete’s development for the future.
All athletes are coached in their own age appropriate groups, so that they feel welcome and able to develop at the right level. During weekly sessions, as skills and techniques improve the coaches will feedback individuals performances to head coach Mark Lodge. Parents are always welcome to ask questions.
As the athletes develop further, there are more challenging sessions that are also available.
How it works:
We train at the locations listed above. We meet just before the session starts in the Fitness suite / Sports hall or on the Track depending on which session you choose. You don’t need to pre book, just come on down, register pay (£3.00) and join in.
Please ensure the athletes are dressed appropriately for the weather conditions and bring water bottles with them.
Something for the parents:
We understand that parents may want to do a little exercise so, we also have a Strength & Conditioning session that the parents can come to with their athletes or just on their own. We realise that its not just about running but again putting some key fundamental strength training in can really help. Check out our other pages for more details.